    version 6 but the computer is terrible. It's not my computer.

    Is it the browser or don't these things work on Nescape? Is there a way I
    can make it work?

    Morris, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Morris

    Whitecrest Guest

    Why not add a link under the picture to the sound file? that way if
    someone can't hear it because for what ever reason, they can click on
    the link.

    Whitecrest, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Morris

    PeterMcC Guest

    Sorry - not working here on N7, Opera 7.11or Moz 1.3b - fine on IE6

    PeterMcC, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Morris

    Whitecrest Guest

    Whitecrest, Dec 16, 2003
  5. Morris

    Morris Guest

    Good idear. I can also add a plug-in but I don't like the bar and I want to
    control the sound. I will give the link some thought.

    Morris, Dec 16, 2003
  6. Morris

    Morris Guest

    Thanks. This will help me dicide what to do.

    Morris, Dec 16, 2003
  7. Morris

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Dec 16, 2003
  8. Morris

    Steve Pugh Guest

    In IE6, after a long pause whilst it downloads, I hear a sound like
    someone having sex with a power tool, is that right?

    In NN4 I get two security warnings, then it downloads the sound file,
    then nothing.

    In NN7 nothing happens.

    In Opera 7 nothing happens if I ID as Opera, but if I ID as IE it
    plays the sound straight away (i.e. when the page loads, and there's
    no way to stop it).
    The JavaScript is written to only work in IE4+ and NN4. It certainly
    won't work in NN6+ and probably won't work in any other browser
    either.
    Why not just link to the file?
    That way everyone who wants to hear it can, and no one will
    accidentally hear it by just passing their mouse over the image.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Dec 16, 2003
  9. Morris

    Morris Guest

    That looks like a good solution also. I'll try that.

    Morris, Dec 16, 2003
  10. Morris

    Mark Parnell Guest

    And those who can't hear it because they don't have speakers, don't have to
    download it.

    Mark Parnell, Dec 16, 2003
  11. Morris

    Morris Guest

    This is the frist newsgroup that has complaned about my postings. I didn't
    know that I would have to read a book just to get
    a few answers. Now I know why many don't use newsgroups. I don't have much
    time for reading
    long books but I'll try to follow the rules. Usually, I find newsgroups
    helpful. Is this better??

    Morris, Dec 17, 2003
  12. Morris

    Morris Guest

    I was thinking about getting rid of that scrip

    Morris, Dec 17, 2003
  13. Please trim your quotes to only the relevant section of the message.
    It's very annoying to have to scroll down through the entire last
    message to see your sentence.

    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 17, 2003
  14. Morris

    Spartanicus Guest

    You don't have to, but it helps if you are courteous by following the
    group's preference.
    Read the document at the url brucie gave you again, pay particular
    attention to "snipping".

    Spartanicus, Dec 17, 2003