Building a custom dialog look...

Guest

I want to build a control that alows a custom dialog border type of look.
I'm implementing it now with a 3 x 3 table. Corner images and repeateable
side images with all of the content in the center cell of the table. Pretty
straigh forward, actually.

I guess I need to know how to create a control to wrap that table structure
around the desired inner content. Almost like a mini master page scenario.
How complicated is this? Thanks.

Jerry

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for posting.

As for the custom dialog looking control, I think you can develop it
through the ASP.NET custom webcontrol. And you can use the composite
control style, which build the control structure by creating other nested
child controls(add to own controls collection). For general reference on
ASP.NET server control developing, you can view the following msdn doc:

#Developing Custom ASP.NET Server Controls
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library(d=robot)/zt27tfhy.aspx

Here are some other web article on developing composite web control:

#An ASP.NET Composite Control for US and UK dates
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/datecontrol.asp

#ASP.NET Composite Control Example.
http://www.mredkj.com/vbnet/CompositeMortgageControl.html

In addition, you can also go to the www.asp.net or www.gotdotnet.com site
to have a look since there're also many custom webcontrols there.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security