Building an application..

Capri

HI ...

Can anyone tell me what do we mean by building an application ?
How is it diffrent from compling and executing an application ?
If you can help me remove my doubt then kindly mail me at (e-mail address removed)

Regards

Meenakshi

Joona I Palaste

Capri said:
Can anyone tell me what do we mean by building an application ?
How is it diffrent from compling and executing an application ?
If you can help me remove my doubt then kindly mail me at (e-mail address removed)

This has absolutely nothing to do with C. Usually building an
application means compiling and linking an application, but depending
on your programming tools, it might have another meaning.

Richard Heathfield

Capri said:
HI ...

Can anyone tell me what do we mean by building an application ?

"Building an application", from a C programming language perspective, simply
means compiling and linking.

Malcolm

Capri said:
Can anyone tell me what do we mean by building an application ?
How is it diffrent from compling and executing an application ?
A large program on a modern system is typically very complex. You will have
many C source files, which may be arranged hierarchically into libraries. In
addition there may be assembly file sources, sources in other high-level
languages, and data like graphics, sound, human language strings.
The compiler, which translates C source into an object file, is just one
component in this process of building the application.
If you can help me remove my doubt then kindly mail me
You need to read here so that other people get the benefit of the replies.

CBFalconer

*** Posted and mailed ***
Capri said:
Can anyone tell me what do we mean by building an application ?
How is it diffrent from compling and executing an application ?
If you can help me remove my doubt then kindly mail me at
(e-mail address removed)

First, the rule is post here - read here. That also allows others
to benefit from correct answers and to correct incorrect answers.
That is also why this contains no answers to your question.

Either your from: or the reply-to field should have lead directly
to you. Why do you want to put possibly friendly people to the
extra trouble of copying your address? Even so, you could have at
least made it a valid URL by prefixing it with "mailto:"