Buttons click event not firing?

Mark Broadbent

I have a relatively simple web form that was working fine at home ..but
having transported it to work the button's click event handlers are not
firing! I've even tried adding a new button w/ event and that doesnt fire
either. If I set the button's causes validation event they do still validate
the RequiredFieldValidators so at least something about them is working :)

Anyone with a idea of what is going on with this project? I'm starting to be
a little fed up with asp.net :-(

Thanks in advance,

Br,

Mark.

Mark Broadbent

This is unbelievable. The problem seems to be caused by the validators (I am
using exactly the save brower on both machines). If I set the
EnableClientScript to false (i.e. validation on server (for downlevel
browsers) my button's events fire (by the way my buttons are set not to
cause validation so they should not even be effected by the validating
controls!)

asp.net seems to me to be as buggy as hell (a sweeping statement I
know...but I've had so many niggly problems which just wouldnt have occurred
in winforms).

I'm going to re-post this solution in root and see if I get any feedback.

Mark Broadbent

thanks ken. I'll have a look and see if it is the same thing I have
experienced.

Br,

Mark.

chrcar01

Ok, I was gonna post my prob which was identical but while I was typing
it we found out the problem and fixed it, only took 6 hours to find
this gem. So this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889877
helped with the problem. .NET 1.1 SP 1 was installed on our prod
machine without anyone letting us know. Development and test machines
do not have SP 1 installed. The difference in the WebUIValidation.js
files was enough to kill our button click ability. sync'd up the
WebUIValidation.js files and that fixed the prob.

Mark Broadbent

When I realise that I'm not the only one to have suffered a miserable
morning of coding it helps me to calm down a little. I was close to wiping
my machine and installing apache!
sure enough it did it!

Thx m8 I owe u one. I can change my code to use client side validation now!

br,

Mark.