    anyone help me to solve this issue?

    Thanks,
    Robert Scheer

    Robert Scheer, Feb 8, 2007

  2. Robert Scheer

    Mark Rae Guest

    Sounds like they've turned JavaScript off...

    Mark Rae, Feb 8, 2007

  3. Hi Mark.

    I think that it's not the case because the pages have some other
    client scripts that run ok. The problem occurs only when they click a
    command button.

    I read a MS article about a bug on the 1.1 SP1 version, that causes
    these issues, but I am using asp.net 2.0.

    Thanks,
    Robert Scheer

    Robert Scheer, Feb 9, 2007
  4. Robert Scheer

    Mark Rae Guest

    OK, so what's different about these seven users...? OS, browser, user rights
    etc...?

    If they're running IE, ask them to change their browser settings temporarily
    to uncheck the two "Disable script debugging..." options and check the
    "Display a notification about every script error" option. Other browsers
    have similar features for achieving the same thing...

    Once they've closed and re-opened their browser, ask them to access your
    site again and try clicking the buttons to see if they get an error now...
    And which article was that - you're not giving us much information here...

    Mark Rae, Feb 9, 2007
  5. Hi Mark.

    The article I read is here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889877

    I visited one of these users and tried to change the settings on IE.
    When a button is clicked, it seems that a postback is raised but the
    button does not execute its job. Exactly what is described on the
    article I read.

    I will revisit the IE settings.

    Thanks,
    Robert Scheer

    Robert Scheer, Feb 9, 2007
  6. Robert Scheer

    Mark Rae Guest

    Wow! I've never seen that before.

    It's no wonder Microsoft's testing procedures get such a bad press when bugs
    like this get through...

    It's almost beyond comprehension - a service pack for the .NET Framework has
    the potential to kill ASP.NET stone dead by disabling form submission /
    postbacks, and doesn't even give any warning messages...

    Respect!

    Mark Rae, Feb 9, 2007