C++0x and Enumerated Subtypes

Discussion in 'C++' started by red floyd, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. red floyd

    red floyd Guest

    Does anyone know if C++0x will address the issue of enumerated subtypes?

    That is, if I have an enum, and want a type-compatible subtype of it....

    Something along the lines of

    enum Day {
    Sunday,
    Monday,
    Tuesday,
    Wednesday,
    Thursday,
    Friday,
    Saturday
    };

    and I want to create a subtype that's just the weekdays (Monday through
    Friday). However, I don't want to have to do casting between the two.
    This is equivalent to the Ada subtype construct.

    Will C++0x support something like this?

    red floyd, Sep 29, 2006

  2. red floyd

    mlimber Guest

    You might want to ask on comp.std.c++ instead.

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Sep 29, 2006