c++ interview questions.

gustum

Im graduating in the coming december. Anyone pls guide me where i can
get c++ interview questions. I shall be very thankful to you if you
provide me good link so any stuff if you have regarding c++,
databases, algorithms, data structures and software engineering.

Thanks,
Al Pacino

Michael

Im graduating in the coming december. Anyone pls guide me where i can
get c++ interview questions.

Hang out here for the month of November. Read all the posts. When
people ask a question, see if you can figure out the answer without
peaking at what others have posted. If you can do that, you'll do
well. (And if no one else has posted, you can be the first and help
some poor fellow who is stuck.)

Michael

Montezuma's Daughter

Im graduating in the coming december. Anyone pls guide me where i can
get c++ interview questions. I shall be very thankful to you if you
provide me good link so any stuff if you have regarding c++,
databases, algorithms, data structures and software engineering.

Thanks,
Al Pacino

I recomand to decide first what area are you interested in. GUI? MFC?
cell phones?

here are lined list problems
http://cslibrary.stanford.edu/105/

pauldepstein

Im graduating in the coming december. Anyone pls guide me where i can
get c++ interview questions. I shall be very thankful to you if you
provide me good link so any stuff if you have regarding c++,
databases, algorithms, data structures and software engineering.

Thanks,
Al Pacino

http://www.careercup.com/ has quite a few questions.

pauldepstein

Im graduating in the coming december. Anyone pls guide me where i can
get c++ interview questions. I shall be very thankful to you if you
provide me good link so any stuff if you have regarding c++,
databases, algorithms, data structures and software engineering.

Thanks,
Al Pacino

http://www.careercup.com/ has quite a few questions.

pauldepstein

Hang out here for the month of November. Read all the posts. When
people ask a question, see if you can figure out the answer without
peaking at what others have posted. If you can do that, you'll do
well. (And if no one else has posted, you can be the first and help
some poor fellow who is stuck.)

Michael

But the problem is that many standard c++ interview questions are
unlikely to come up here.

There is a pool of about 100 c++ questions which unimaginative
interviewers feel compelled to ask.

What's the difference between a pointer and a reference?
When and why should a destructor be virtual?

It's not enough simply to know the answers. The OP should have
actually planned a response in advance.

Paul Epstein

James Kanze

Hang out here for the month of November. Read all the posts. When
people ask a question, see if you can figure out the answer without
peaking at what others have posted. If you can do that, you'll do
well. (And if no one else has posted, you can be the first and help
some poor fellow who is stuck.)

I'm not sure, but if I were the interviewer, there'd be a lot of
questions which would be off topic here. Questions about design
and such, for example. Or the tools he'd used and was familiar
with. There'd also be questions designed to determine how he'd
react in front of something unknown---does he know how to find
information, and can he learn? And I'd also try to determine
whether he'd fit into the team---questions for which there is no
right answer.

On the other hand, a lot of questions here are about real
subtilities of the langauge. Things I wouldn't bother too much
with, because if your code depends on them, then it probably
isn't very understandable anyway. That doesn't mean that such
questions aren't interesting; I would consider the fact that
someone would ask such questions---that he wants to know more
than the minimum required---very positively. But I wouldn't ask
them myself on an interview question unless the role was that of
a C++ guru. And if he's just graduating, he wouldn't even be
considered for such a role. (Perhaps wrongly: I've known at
least two people who would have qualified for such a role even
before graduating.)

pauldepstein

A more likely question than anything from that doc is whether he
is aware of its existence, and uses it.

This is simply false. The probability that he would be asked a
question which the doc answers is over 75%. The probability that he'd
be asked about his awareness of the doc < 5%.

Paul Epstein

James Kanze

This is simply false. The probability that he would be asked a
question which the doc answers is over 75%. The probability that he'd
be asked about his awareness of the doc < 5%.

Are you sure? My experience is that I'm often asked questions
concerning the documentation that I use: have I read X, what did
I think of it, what did I learn from it? Asking some trivial
detail from the FAQ is senseless---if the programmer knows of
the existence of the FAQ, he can find the answer anytime he
needs it; if he doesn't then he can't. And since no one knows
the answer to all possible questions, it's far more useful to
ascertain that the candidate knows how to find the answer to
something he doesn't know than the test his knowledge on some
necessarily restricted subset of possible questions. At least
when it is a question of details---you obviously do want to find
out if he has some inkling of the more important points.

pauldepstein

--
James Kanze (GABI Software) email:[email protected]

Well, I've had quite a few job interviews and I do feel fairly sure --
I stand behind my estimated probabilities. You're operating under the
false assumption that interviewers think carefully about their
questions. Instead, most interviewers just ask from the same
standardised pool of questions. For example, they usually ask "What's
the difference between a pointer and a reference?" That's a bit like
asking "What's the difference between a bicycle and a textbook on
algebraic geometry?"

Paul Epstein

Kai-Uwe Bux

You're operating under the
false assumption that interviewers think carefully about their
questions. Instead, most interviewers just ask from the same
standardised pool of questions. For example, they usually ask "What's
the difference between a pointer and a reference?" That's a bit like
asking "What's the difference between a bicycle and a textbook on
algebraic geometry?"

Coincidentally the answers are alike too: one can understand the former but
not the latter :)

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux

dolphin

[...]

Actually,I am very agree with you. If you want to pass a interview.I
think the mosr
important thing that you should do is to build a solid base.
I think I can recommend you some books about C++.
Thinking in C++ Vol1.2
Absolutely C++
Effective C++
More Effective C++
Exception C++
If you want to learn algorithms and data structure,the best books are
The art of computer programming Vol1 2 3.

Ian Collins

Well, I've had quite a few job interviews and I do feel fairly sure --
I stand behind my estimated probabilities. You're operating under the
false assumption that interviewers think carefully about their
questions. Instead, most interviewers just ask from the same
standardised pool of questions. For example, they usually ask "What's
the difference between a pointer and a reference?" That's a bit like
asking "What's the difference between a bicycle and a textbook on
algebraic geometry?"
Do they? I've conducted scores, maybe even hundreds of interviews over
the years and I've never followed a script. On the few occasions I've
been given one, I've ignored it. Asking from a fixed set of questions
isn't an interview, it's a quiz and a waste of both party's time.

pauldepstein

Do they? I've conducted scores, maybe even hundreds of interviews over
the years and I've never followed a script. On the few occasions I've
been given one, I've ignored it. Asking from a fixed set of questions
isn't an interview, it's a quiz and a waste of both party's time.

Yes, but I'm talking about the general case, not specifically you.
Also, the fact that people have sometimes given you a script, and
assumed you would just follow it, is certainly evidence in my
direction. If most people in your position thought of original
questions, no one would give you a script.

Paul Epstein