c program running 2 terminal windows, how to specify in which to write?

Achraf

Hi all,

I have a c program under linux, while running, it opens a new terminal
windows using a system call. I would like to display messages on both
windows.
But I can't find a way to specify the terminal window I want to write
in.

The program is for chat and I want to keep a terminal window to write
incoming messages, and use the other one for operation like sending
messages or viewing list of nicks in the room....

To start the new window, i use the command:
system("gnome-terminal");

but I really can't see if there is some possible way to write to it,
all my messages keep arriving in the original window.

If there is any way you can help me, I will be very thankful,

Thanks to all of you guys,
Achraf

Karthik

Achraf said:
Hi all,

I have a c program under linux, while running, it opens a new terminal
windows using a system call. I would like to display messages on both
windows.
But I can't find a way to specify the terminal window I want to write
in.

The program is for chat and I want to keep a terminal window to write
incoming messages, and use the other one for operation like sending
messages or viewing list of nicks in the room....

To start the new window, i use the command:
system("gnome-terminal");

but I really can't see if there is some possible way to write to it,
all my messages keep arriving in the original window.

If there is any way you can help me, I will be very thankful,

Thanks to all of you guys,
Achraf
There is a topic called IPC , which is out of topic of the current
newsgroup.
Check out comp.unix.programmer !

Grumble

Achraf said:
I have a c program under linux, while running, it opens a new
terminal windows using a system call. I would like to display
messages on both windows. But I can't find a way to specify
the terminal window I want to write in.

Try comp.os.linux.development.apps