C programming help

khalifa24

Hi:
I am posting this for a colleague and would appreicate any feedback on
this!
Thanks,
Yasir

-----------------

I am collecting data from an A/D card that I have programmed using
Borland C 3.0 and have recently acquired a PCI card that is capable of
collecting an additional data stream relevant to the research project
I am engaged in. The data from this PCI card can also be read in C
with the catch that it is not read by Borland C but, I discovered, is
read by MSVC. I have had no success in compiling, making and linking
the required DLL into a program in Borland C using strategies that are
reported to make Borland C compatible with MSVC. Consequently, I am
hoping to develop a program to read this data using an old version of
MSVC (4.0 or earlier) that can run on DOS, since the Borland C program
I am using is running on DOS. I have searched the web but find such
old versions of MSVC are not still available even in used versions.

I wonder if you have any suggestions how I might solve this problem.

Gene

[...]

DOS knows nothing about DLLs. If all you have to work with is a
Windows DLL and a C API for that DLL, you are probably out of luck.
If you have detailed hardware documentation for the card, you might be
able to write your own driver for that.