C Unleashed

Malcolm McLean

Peter Nilsson said:
Who doesn't?
<OT>
There's a small but very real market for incomprehensible books.
Poststructuralist readers, avant guarde works like Finnegan's Wake, there is
even a book written by the Elizabethan magician John Dee which consists
entirely of uninterpreted squiggles.
</OT>

CBFalconer

Malcolm said:
<OT>
There's a small but very real market for incomprehensible books.
Poststructuralist readers, avant guarde works like Finnegan's
Wake, there is even a book written by the Elizabethan magician
John Dee which consists entirely of uninterpreted squiggles.
</OT>

Who's the publisher and the price? Is it in print? Did he get my
permission to publish my code?

Malcolm McLean

CBFalconer said:
Who's the publisher and the price? Is it in print? Did he get my
permission to publish my code?
It's called the Voynich manuscript. I checked and, though it certainly came
into the possession of John Dee, there is dispute as to whether it was
actually written by him.
You can buy it as
Le Code Voynich (Paris, Jean-Claude Gawsewitch, 2005.)

I'm afraid I don't know the price.

Richard Bos

Malcolm McLean said:
It's called the Voynich manuscript. I checked and, though it certainly came
into the possession of John Dee,

Certainly? Reputedly. It _certainly_ came into the possession of Rudolf
of Bohemen in Dee's time, but the assumption that it was sold to him by
Dee is based mostly on the equally shaky assumption that it was written
by Bacon.
You can buy it as
Le Code Voynich (Paris, Jean-Claude Gawsewitch, 2005.)

Web skills are foo... <http://www.jcgawsewitch.com/livre.php?id_livre=4>

Richard

Larry__Weiss