    with reservations so I just want to check with you guys before buying it :)
    (I'm not in a position to browse the book myself, since no bookstore in my
    country actually holds it, and I have to order it which takes about a month)

    buda, Nov 22, 2004

  2. I am in the same IRC-channel as one of the main authors of the book. Believe me, he's one of the people worried the most about conforming to the standard as closely as possibly. (I mean that in a positive way.)
    I Hope that helps.

    Greetings, Chris.

    Christian Staudenmayer, Nov 22, 2004

  3. buda

    buda Guest

    Believe me, he's one of the people worried the most about conforming to the
    standard as closely as possibly. (I mean that in a positive way.)

    It can't be a negative characteristic :) Thanks, it does help.

    buda, Nov 22, 2004
  4. buda

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    A lot of the authors are regulars here and I assure you that
    they're pretty careful about standard conformance. Also, the
    book came out in 2001, well after C99 was published, and thus
    much of the code is indeed intended to conform to C99, although
    I'm sure it depends on the author in question.

    (I am one of the authors but I don't receive royalties on sales.)

    Ben Pfaff, Nov 22, 2004
  5. Well, if you're ever in the Atlanta area, I'll buy you a beer to make
    up for it :)

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Nov 23, 2004
  6. One of the nice things is discovering how much you CAN do in standard C,
    and do it clearly and efficiently.

    Lawrence

    Lawrence Kirby, Nov 25, 2004