Cache problem...

Guest

Hi all,

I am running a code on the local machine and its working fine.. but when i
put it on the production server it gives the most weird problem.. After
loggin the user i move up the hiearchy by clicking the links retrieve from
the database.. but when i click back and try to come back to the first
level... it doesnt show me that page and logs me out and ask for the username
and password again..

The hiearchy is
Clients--Artists-- Albums--Press--and than it opens a pdf file..

Now when i try to come back to the clients page it logs me out... I think
its a cache problem but i dont know how to solve it...

Any suggestions will be appreciated..

Thanx

Saad

gerry

I ran into this same problem when using opera
The solution was to set the "Check Pages" preference option to "Always"

Guest

how do i set the check pages option... I cant find it on my browser and
besides that i want to set it for all the users of the system... is there any
other way or all the users wud have to set the option in the browser...

gerry

The only time I ran into this was with opera - the setting is in Tools >
Preferences > Advanced > History > Check Documents

Maybe I missed something but I could not find any way to influence this
behaviour from the server - cache headers , html meta tags ....
And the default setting as I recall was to only check for page updates every
5 hours

Unless anyone has any other info on this , manually option setting the
browser is your only option.

btw - you never mentioned which browser you are having trouble with - is it
opera or something else ?
if it is something other than opera I am most likely leading you down the
wrong path.

Gerry

Guest

Thanks gerry for ur help... i m using internet explorer but i need to change
it throught the coding so that the users dont have to change the settings of
their browser...

Thanks anywayz..