Geo cache puzzle

Joined
Jan 22, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Hi everybody,

I am hoping sombody may be able to help me. I am currently trying to solve an online puzzle. I have been told to look into the source code and have come accross this part of the code that I am a litttle unsure on. Does the following mean anything to anybody here?

Var/[a-z]{3}3/

The link to the web page in question can be found here. The only other clue i have is coffee. The source with this bit of code can be found in the page.

http://geokrop.altervista.org/1337H4x0r/stage1.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
163
Reaction score
28
You wrote the wrong line of code.
The correct line is:
var pwd= /[a-z]{3}3/
The /[a-z]{3}3/ is Javascript regex. Regular Expression. They are used for pattern matching. The pwd is used in the
if(password.match(pwd) && password.charCodeAt(0)<password.charCodeAt(1) && passcode==363)
for one of the three things that has to be true to unlock the first padlock.
It is used on the first condition:
password.match(pwd)
This looks to see if the password you entered matches the pattern.
[a-z] means it must be alphabetic and lower case - but the code translates the password to lower case so no worries here. Next the {3} says the alpha chars must be a group of three.
The last three says the password must contain the number three(3).

Need more help ask here.

Joined
Jan 22, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Thank you for your helpful response. We have been stuck on this for some time now.
So we entered the word "cof33" amd it took us to another page saying the website was down. We are now trying to work out if this is part of the game or the web server is actually down we are still confused as to what we are doing regarding what has been given.

Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
163
Reaction score
28
I used
password = "wzz3";
and was taken to page 2 and that's were it all dies.
The puzzle is totally down.

Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
163
Reaction score
28
Page two is where I stopped. Looking at the PHP code supplied, it seems you need the exact password to move on. That is if the real PHP and DB are still working. I also tried urls ending in stage3.html and stage3.php :rolleyes:

It maybe this no longer works. The code is over 20 years old.

Joined
Jan 22, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Hi,

No thank you for your help. I have spoken to.the original puzzle owner and he has assured me its still up and running.

May i ask, what "wzz3" meant? Is it some sore of "leet speak"? Or does it mean anything to a coder?

Thanks for your time your taking to answer my queries.

Joined
Jan 22, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
I have had some more info about the first stage if this helps anybody with the second part. So ot was written using a code called Squirrel. The soloution to the first is poted in the image.

20200127_190803.jpg
20200127_190803.jpg