Call .Net object from asp?

TomB

I think the subject says it....but...

I need to rotate images on the fly. This is painfully simple in .Net. So I
thought I could write a class in .Net and (hopefully) call it from classic
asp.

Does anyone know if this is possible.

I realize I could create a vb com object as well, but would prefer to use
the .net object.

Thanks

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

TomB said:
I think the subject says it....but...

I need to rotate images on the fly. This is painfully simple in .Net. So I
thought I could write a class in .Net and (hopefully) call it from classic
asp.

Does anyone know if this is possible.

You could write it as a web service and call that from ASP ...

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You can create a COM wrapper for .NET and register it with regasm.exe. I am
not sure, however, if it can be called directly from ASP, or if it requires
a COM component to call it; it is possible that .NET sets up on a COM
interface other than default, which will make it uncallable from .NET. It is
worth a shot.

Tom's suggestion of making a web service and calling using the SOAP Toolkit
will also work, as long as you are recieving an image location rather than a
byte array. If it is a byte array, you may have an issue writing to the
Response stream from straight ASP.