Calling python scripts from C# programs

soumitra.mishra

Hi All,

I want to call (execute) some python scripts from my C# program. I know
that this can be done but have not idea how. The other option that I
can think of is developing python web services and then calling them
from from C# program. I just wanted to know what is the best option and
how it can be achieved. In the end all I want is to trigger some python
scripts from my C# code. The is NO remote execution involved here
therefore I am not too keen on web services.

I am very new to python. Now lets see what the geeks have to say about
this :).

Thanks,

Soumitra

David Wilson

You should also be aware of IronPython, although it is not suitable for
production use due to its reliance on a beta version of the .NET
runtime. In some future time, IronPython will probably be the cleanest
and simplest way to integrate Python with existing .NET code.

http://www.ironpython.com/

Brett Hoerner