Calling XML WebService VB.Net from C++

leonard.guillaume

Hi again guys,

I configured my MFC project so that it can call few webservices I made.
The web services are in VB.Net and are using few namespace such as
WebClientProtocol which I need in MFC. Let's me explain.

My MFC can connect to 2 différents servers, 1 which is LIVE and the
other is for DEBUG only. When I added the webservice, I did it locally
in order to debug stuff. So MFC took the default URL of the webservice
as localhost/.../webservice.asmx. Don't blame me for that, it's how it
works at the company I'm working.

Anyway, the 2 URL (LIVE and DEBUG) are hardcoded as constants into an
header file, but I must change the Url of the webservice in order to
connect to a proper service. As exemple, here's how we redirect from
localhost to the net :

::Service1::Service1 ws;
ws.Url = "http://webservices.iter.dk/google.asmx"

The problem is that the property Url (and many other properties) are
part of the WebClientProtocol .Net namespace, which I can't include in
MFC. This leads to the problem that I cannot use Url property or any
other properties, functions or variables which are included in any .Net
namespace.

My question is, is there a way to change the URL of a webservice
without including (somehow) a .Net namespace into MFC or simply put,
how can a change the URL of a webservice into C++/MFC not .Net managed,
while the webservice is .Net under VB.Net ?

Thanks again :)

Guillaume

Victor Bazarov

[..]
My question is, is there a way to change the URL of a webservice
without including (somehow) a .Net namespace into MFC or simply put,
how can a change the URL of a webservice into C++/MFC not .Net managed,
while the webservice is .Net under VB.Net ?

Uh... Are you in the right newsgroup? I can see 'namespace', but that's
about all that has any relevance of your question to the Standard C++.
Have you even _tried_ to find out where to post or did you just guess (and
apparently, incorrectly)?

leonard.guillaume

Well yeah I searched where to post it and since my app is C++ (MFC), I
assumed it would be the good newsgroup to post. Bah anyway, I'll post
in the managed newsgroup also.

Sorry for the inconveniance