calling .NET WebService from classic asp page timeouts on IIS6.0

AdamC

Hi, I'm wondering if you can help.
We have a classic asp application that creates and posts some XML using the
SOAP format to a .NET WebService.
The WebService and the asp are on the same IIS server , which is IIS6.0.
On first calling the WebService the asp page either hangs or returns Active
Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/adminw/logon/DeleteUser.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can
change this limit by specifying a new value for the property
Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

What is being passed to the WebService is the following, the WebService is
then meant to take the data and make a call to some SQL stored procedures to
remove data from tables and the file structure:
<Envelope xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<Body>
<Delete xmlns="http://teleware.com/">
<strCommunity>001</strCommunity>
<strCurrentId>0013</strCurrentId>
<strType>0</strType>
<strConnectionString>DSN=TeleWare</strConnectionString>
<strConnectionType>0</strConnectionType>
</Delete>
</Body>
</Envelope>

This always occurs on the first call to the WebService after the WWW service
has been stopped and restarted. After this the call works.
Can someone explain why?
Also the whole process works without hanging or timeouts on Server 2000.
Again why?
What can we do to resolve this?

Yours sincerely
Adam