Camping/FCGI (no Camping server) modtime update

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Max Cantor, Jan 29, 2007.

  1. Max Cantor

    Max Cantor Guest

    Hey guys. I've been twisting Camping's arm a lot lately... does
    anyone have a suggestion on how to get FCGI w/ Apache to mimic the
    auto update based on mod time like Camping server does?

    I'm going live on a Dreamhost shared server (high-class, I know) so I
    have to prepare for that eventuality. I can upload Camping manually
    to my home directory and push it onto my loadpath, but Dreamhost
    frowns on background processes that aren't FCGI, so that's why I'm
    doing the arm-twisting.

    I've looked at a few wrapper scripts I got in #ruby-lang, but none of
    them matched my configuration (and I couldn't figure out how to hack
    them to do so).

    So, any hints? I'm just looking for a way to avoid having to kill my
    FCGI process and restart it every time I change a file.

    Thanks!
    Max

    Max Cantor, Jan 29, 2007