can anybody tell me please!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Vellingiri Arul, Sep 25, 2007.

  1. I have read about Exceptions.
    While reading all the error,I have faced lot of problems.
    here I have listed out the more errors.
    I want to know the uses of all errors.
    anyone ,who knows very well in exceptions,that person could explain the
    errors for me.
    List of errors:

    * ArgumentError
    * IndexError
    * Interrupt
    * LoadError
    * NameError
    * NoMemoryError
    * NoMethodError
    * NotImplementedError
    * RangeError
    * RuntimeError
    * ScriptError
    * SecurityError
    * SignalException
    * StandardError
    * SyntaxError
    * SystemCallError
    * SystemExit
    * TypeError

    by
    vellingiri.

    Vellingiri Arul, Sep 25, 2007

  2. Vellingiri Arul

    Jano Svitok Guest

    You can see the Exceptions hierarchy here:
    http://www.zenspider.com/Languages/Ruby/QuickRef.html#34

    Here are brief explanations:
    more or less arguments were sent to a method than expected
    I guess invalid index (i.e. reading from array past its end)
    invalid method called - no such method is defined
    placeholder - you put raise NotImplementedError into methods that you
    plan to implement later, and want to see clearly (e.g. in your tests)
    that the method is still not implemented
    i guess invalid range specified
    general runtime error (default for empty raise)
    probably something with signal handling
    i guess Kernel#exit raises this
    ?

    Jano Svitok, Sep 25, 2007