    c beginner Guest

    i have a confusion about pointer to functions.can anybody help me to
    overcome my confusion??

    c beginner, Jun 17, 2007

  2. c beginner

    Carramba Guest

    Carramba, Jun 17, 2007

  3. c beginner said:
    What is it that is confusing you about pointers to functions?

    Richard Heathfield, Jun 17, 2007
  4. c beginner

    Sachin Guest

    function pointer holds address of function that you have specified.
    as you call function by pointer.

    fp = foo(int,int);
    so you can call as
    *fp(1,2);

    depending on requrement you just assign address of function to
    pointer.
    it will get executed through function pointer call.

    Sachin, Jun 18, 2007
  5. Don't anyone take any of this code as legitimate c.

    Remove del for email

    Barry Schwarz, Jun 18, 2007
  6. c beginner

    Joe Wright Guest

    Not quite like that. Let's define the function foo..

    int foo(int a, int b) {
    return a + b;
    }

    Now let's define a pointer to function returning int and taking two int
    arguments.

    int (*fp)(int, int);

    Now initialize fp..

    fp = foo;

    Now you call it through the pointer with..

    int x;
    x = fp(1, 2);

    Joe Wright, Jun 18, 2007