Can I do this with security trimming on the menu?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Bernard, Mar 11, 2008.

  1. Bernard

    Bernard Guest

    We have a web app that calls a Java web service to get a token. This token is
    then used as an input parameter to authenticate any further web service
    calls. The web service handles the usual session stuff (no access if no
    activity for 20mins, etc)
    The web service then hands back the username and a list of products that the
    user has purchased.
    We have a fairly complex menu system that hides and displays items based on
    the product that a user has bought.

    What I was hoping I could do was use the menu control in ASP.Net 2.0 and
    create a role for each product and use security trimming to handle the menu
    display.
    However in order to do that I somehow have to programatically log a user in
    (based on getting a valid token back from the web service)
    Then I could programatically add the user to a role based on the product
    list coming back from the web service.

    Can any one help with this? Is it possible? How would I go about it?

    Bernard, Mar 11, 2008