Can I do this with security trimming on the menu?

Bernard

We have a web app that calls a Java web service to get a token. This token is
then used as an input parameter to authenticate any further web service
calls. The web service handles the usual session stuff (no access if no
activity for 20mins, etc)
The web service then hands back the username and a list of products that the
user has purchased.
We have a fairly complex menu system that hides and displays items based on
the product that a user has bought.

What I was hoping I could do was use the menu control in ASP.Net 2.0 and
create a role for each product and use security trimming to handle the menu
display.
However in order to do that I somehow have to programatically log a user in
(based on getting a valid token back from the web service)
Then I could programatically add the user to a role based on the product
list coming back from the web service.

Can any one help with this? Is it possible? How would I go about it?