    My googling gets a lot of stuff pointing to optparse...

    Does the standard lib have anything like this?

    - Hendrik

    Hendrik van Rooyen, Oct 14, 2006

  2. Hendrik van Rooyen

    hg Guest

    http://python.active-venture.com/lib/timer-objects.html

    hg, Oct 14, 2006

  3. Use a thread that uses something like:
    def action():
    sleep(50)
    if not canceled:
    callback(foo)
    as its action.

    The callback ill be in another thread, but .... Look up threading for
    more details.

    --Scott David Daniels

    Scott David Daniels, Oct 14, 2006
  4. Thanks - I was hoping that I did not have to do it myself - the Tkinter thingy
    works nicely - I was hoping that the interpreter could handle something like
    this... What I don't like too much about the sleep based solution is that yer
    blind and deaf while sleeping - at least in that thread - and I am trying for
    fairly fine grained timing resolution...

    is there not something based on signals? - I seem to recall some such thing
    here in another thread.. ( I am running Linux)

    -Hendrik

    Hendrik van Rooyen, Oct 15, 2006
  5. Hendrik van Rooyen, Oct 15, 2006
  6. Hendrik van Rooyen

    skip Guest

    Hendrik> is there not something based on signals? - I seem to recall
    Hendrik> some such thing here in another thread.. ( I am running Linux)

    Have you tried:

    import signal
    help(signal)

    at the interpreter prompt?

    Skip

    skip, Oct 15, 2006
  7. *blush* - actually, no - I was looking for signals...

    - Hendrik

    Hendrik van Rooyen, Oct 17, 2006