Can not surf the Internet. HELP !!!

sharon

I have a very disturbing Internet problem; I can not surf to any web site
on the web.

I have a 1.5 GB ADSL that works fine. The MSN Messenger is working OK, my
Emule is working fine, ping to the web site returns ok.
But when I try to connect to a web site (like www.msn.com etc.), the
Internet browser page hung for ever trying to open the page.

I tried to fix it using my service provider support, and we did the
following:
(1) Tried to connect directly the ADSL provider web site using my service
provider user name - Still can't surf !
(2) The support engineer used my user name and password to access the web
sites from his computer - succeed !
(3) Disabled my Norton Antivirus and Sygate firewall - Still can't surf !
(4) Set the msconfig general tab to selective startup without loading
startup items and rebooting the PC - Still can't surf !
(5) Did a Winsock restore - Still can't surf !

Can anybody tell what can I do to resolve this problem ?

Antoninus Twink

I have a 1.5 GB ADSL that works fine. The MSN Messenger is working OK,
my Emule is working fine, ping to the web site returns ok. But when I
try to connect to a web site (like www.msn.com etc.), the Internet
browser page hung for ever trying to open the page.

Well, obviously the problem is with your browser, not your internet
connection!

What browser are you using? Have you checked that the proxy settings are
correct (probably in a "network options" or "connection options" tab in
the preferences)? Have you tried using a different browser?

jason.sun0

[...]

Can I ask how much do you pay for you internet? thanks

Nick Keighley

I have a very disturbing Internet problem; I can not surf to any web site
on the web.

this is off-topic to comp.lang.c
can your service provider give any help?