Can SoapExtension class be used to handle headers from AXIS web services? (eom)

jEru

Hi,
Is it possible to consume an AXIS rpc-based web service and
manipulate the soap header/body using the SoapExtension class in .NET?
In other words, does both the client _and_ server need to be built in
..NET to take advantage of Soap Extensions or can the client use the
SoapExtension class regardless of what platform the web service is
built on?

- jEru

Bechmann

Hi

A SoapExtension is always executed when the webservice is called. It has
nothing to do with the client that is calling the webservice.
It sounds to me like you want to build a new webservice that wraps the AXIS
webservice.

Bechmann

jEru

Hi Bechmann,
Thanks for responding. =) I'm actually interested in consuming an
AXIS web service using .NET and pulling info from the soap headers
that come in. I know the SoapExtension class provides an API to peek
at the soap message stream as it passes by and so I'd like to use that
to extract info from the soap headers that come into the client. My
question is whether I can use the .NET SoapExtension class on the
client to consume a web service that isn't built using .NET
SoapExtensions on the server (AXIS, in this case).

Thanks,
jEru

Dan Rogers

Hi Jeru,

Yes, you can use a SoapExtension on either the server or client side. You
can also use the SoapHeader attribute to promote headers into your code.
There are some good examples of this on MSDN if you search for SoapHeader.

Regards,

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation