How to use a SoapExtension when invoking a web service from a Office Codebehind DLL project

Chuck Hartman

I have created a Word 2003 C# OfficeCodeBehind project that invokes several
web services. The primary functions of the project and its interactions
with the server work fine. However, since some of my web services may take
a while to complete, I was intrigued by the MSDN article by Matt Powell
entitled "Adding a Progress Bar to Your Web Service Client Application".

I'm pretty sure that I understand how this should work, but no matter what I
do the SoapExtension doesn't seem to get invoked. Is it possible that the
config file must be named differently or placed in a differennt location?
This is not a simple .Net EXE. In this case, Word is invoking my CodeBehind
DLL which is invoking the web service. I've tried several different config
file names and locations, but still do not see the extension being invoked.
Given the Word EXE environment, should it be possible to have a
SoapExtension for the OfficeCodeBehind DLL? If so, what do I have to do
differently from the example to make it work? Thanks.

Chuck Hartman

[MSFT]

Hello,

Is your code will be called within MS word? Then your config file should
named "WINWORD.EXE.CONFIG" and save into save folder with WINWORD.EXE.

Hope this help,

Luke