Can UserControls be used on different Wizard Control Steps?

Guest

Using Asp.Net 2.0
I need to acquire rather large amounts of data from the user in my Web App.
I have created UserControls to handle different aspects of this data. Placing
these UserControls on the different steps of a Wizard is becoming
problematic, however.
If I drag a UserControl onto a step it gets added at position 0,0 and cannot
be moved. I can place an Html Layer on the wizard step and then drag the
control into it. However, at runtime the controls added on successive pages
show through resulting in a jumbled mess as if all controls were transparent
and were on a single step.

Would appreciate some guidance. Thanks
Jav