Cannot find child element: arg0

Frank

hi,
I am trying to run a web service.
The Java client runs without any problem.
But I have tried 2 clients: one in PHP, the other one with VBS, and both
give me the error "Cannot find child element: arg0"

Here is the code
Echo.java

code:

package uk.co.regdeveloper.webservice; import java.rmi.Remote; import
javax.jws.WebParam;import javax.jws.WebService;import
javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding; @WebService@SOAPBinding(style =
SOAPBinding.Style.RPC, use = SOAPBinding.Use.LITERAL)//@SOAPBinding(style =
Style.DOCUMENT)public interface Echo extends Remote { String
echo(@WebParam(name="MonParam") String e);}

EchoBean.java

code:

package uk.co.regdeveloper.webservice; import javax.ejb.Local;import
javax.ejb.Stateless;import javax.jws.WebParam;import
javax.jws.WebService;import javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding;
@Stateless@WebService(endpointInterface =
"uk.co.regdeveloper.webservice.Echo")@SOAPBinding(style =
SOAPBinding.Style.RPC, use =
SOAPBinding.Use.LITERAL)@Local(Echo.class)public class EchoBean {
public String echo( @WebParam(name="MyParam") String e)
{ return "Web Service Echo + " + e; }}

If i specify the name of the parameter with the @WebParam, then i get the
same error message : "Cannot find child element: MyParam".

So i am using the RPC/LITERAL style, and I get the error "Cannot find child
element: arg0"
If I use the DOCUMENT/LITERAL style, I get a different error.
Anyways, I am stuck here.
Does anyone have an idea ?
I know it is not PHP related, since I get the exact same error with a
completely different client (VBS).

Thanks for helping

Jonatan Kazmierczak

Frank said:
hi,
I am trying to run a web service.
The Java client runs without any problem.
But I have tried 2 clients: one in PHP, the other one with VBS, and both
give me the error "Cannot find child element: arg0"

[...]

If i specify the name of the parameter with the @WebParam, then i get the
same error message : "Cannot find child element: MyParam".

So i am using the RPC/LITERAL style, and I get the error "Cannot find child
element: arg0"
If I use the DOCUMENT/LITERAL style, I get a different error.
Anyways, I am stuck here.
Does anyone have an idea ?
I know it is not PHP related, since I get the exact same error with a
completely different client (VBS).

Thanks for helping

Hello,
Please try to write client in Java for test if it is really working.
After getting the positive result, I suggest you to generate clients
using MS tools (based on WSDL) as next test.
After that you can write clients in other langs by hands.
BTW, code attached by you is unreadable :)