Can't debug because I'm not a debugger

darrel

We recently got new machines and I've been having a hell of a time getting
IIS and VS2003 back up in running order.

We still have to maintain some 1.1 apps so want to keep being able to test
VS2003 apps on my localhost.

At the moment, I can't, as I get this error:

---------------------------
Microsoft Development Environment
---------------------------
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. You do not have permissions to debug the server.

Verify that you are a member of the 'Debugger Users' group on the server.
---------------------------
OK Help
---------------------------

I tried the obvious, adding myself to that group as stated, but that doesn't
work.

I then did all of the suggestions here:

http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/FAQ/DebuggingProbleminASPNET.aspx

and then I did another common suggestion, which was to make sure localhost
was a trusted site in IE.

Still no luck and still get the same error.

Any other ideas as to what to fix? When it says 'Verify that you are a
member of the 'Debugger Users' group' what account is 'you' actually
referring to? Right now, the dubuggers group contains my AD account, the
local machine Admin account and I tossed in ASPNET account for good measure.
Is there an account I'm missing?

-Darrel

Jeff Dillon

darrel said:
[...]

Turn off Anonymous Access

darrel

Check the Event Log?

Hmm...nope. Nothing is being logged in the Event View for this.

Looks like I might be reinstalling IIS and VS...

-Darrel