Can't fetch the xml: roots element are missing

benclissen

Hi,

I want to do something simple read an xml and print out just 1 value.

Now everytime I do this I got this "Root elements are missing"
exception. I try it by using xmlreader, dataset or xpath; always the
same error.

I someone could help me out here and give me some possible causes (and
hopefully solutions)

Dim reader As New
StreamReader("http://ww5.ethias.be/auto55.go?IMSTRAN=WA2017&CDOPTRN=A2A55&CDLGTRN=N...")

While reader.Read
If reader.Name = "QUOTEID" Then
lblGARCI.Text = reader.Value
End If
End While

The problem is on the first line.

Thanks a bunch for your help,

Regards,

Ben

Patrick.O.Ige

Ben the error says:-"Root elements are missing" exception
Try looking at your XML root document
Or try pasting what your XML looks like
Patrick