can't find a suitable application server

krishnakant Mane

hello,
I have read about zope and found it very good.
but right now I am a bit confused about one project I have just procured.
it is supposed to be a simple 3 tear application. the front end will
be a thin client which we will develop using wxpython.
We are using MySQL for the database and I need to find out a suitable
application server where I can do just the following.
1. write my business logic which will actually be the workhorse.
2. send data to the thin client in form of either text or lists or
tuples as required. I want my thin client just to take the data and
recieve the data.
3. an application server that will process data coming from the thing
client. this layer will fire the queries etc.
4. send the processed results in the forms mentioned in point number
2 (sorry if I am redundent).
I thought zope is too heavy and complex for this task and zope is
generally used in places where the data is too dynamic and the system
very complex.
I am any ways using MySQL for the rdbms which is more than sufficient
so no need for a object oriented database like what zope has.
can any one suggest me what to do?
right now I get an impression that I must create sockets and send and
receave data through that socket to the thin client and put the actual
business logic on a seperate machine or on the database server what
ever.
thanking all.
Krishnakant.

Diez B. Roggisch

krishnakant said:
[...]

Use Pyro. It will make your server appear as a simple python object. It also
comes with a name-service for look up of your actual server.

Diez