can't submit a form

JRough

There are several things wrong with this form. One is I don't get
any value on the document write? Another thing is there is no submit
button. There are 2 fields on the form. There should only be one for
the <textarea> q </textarea. The first field has the serialized
address in it which is what I want posted. The second is a field, I
think it is turning out to be a field instead of the submit button but
I don't know why it is doing that? The database substitutes #q for
an address list that is serialized. If the texarea gets submitted
with a value "q" then I can pick up that value with the php script as
a $q=$_POST['q'], I guess there is no q var in the form but this q
value isn't getting submitted. Is it because there is no submit
button?Well maybe you can see what is wrong. Or is it because it is
submitted when the doucment loads there is no submit button? It is
possible this is right and something else is wrong, but then where is
there a second blank field showing up? tia,
<form name=”pgform” action=”http://99.20.131.64/pooglemap2.php”
method=”post”>
var q;
Serialized Address List:
<textarea name=”q”>
#q
</textarea>
<script type =”text/javascript”>
document.write(q);
</script>
<input type=”submit” value=”show map” />
</form>