Capturing Ajax form response

Chris

I am using the code below to show a form when any link is clicked on a
page.

My question is how do I get reponseEl (the ajax form's php response)
to direct the response output to node_id? At the moment it points to a
div surrounding the form and that works, but I can't get it to send
the response to node_id?

<head>
function showStuff(evt,txt){
var node = (evt.target) ? evt.target : ((evt.srcElement) ?
evt.srcElement : null );

if (node.getAttribute("NAME") == "showlink") {

node_id = node.getAttribute("ID");
</head>
<script type="text/javascript">
var formObj = new DHTMLSuite.form(
{
formRef:'myForm',
action:'/~jonanna/booking/scripts/formSubmit.php',
responseEl:'formResponse',
callbackOnComplete: 'cfmBoxClose()'
}
);