Capturing playing audio

mick.heywood

Hi there,

Does anyone know how you can capture the currently playing audio using
Java Sound? For instance, if I'm playing something with WinAmp, I'd
like to capture that, for recording to file or compress-and-broadcast
purposes. I can capture from the microphone no problems, but I
effectively want access to the sound that is being sent to the
speakers.

Any help much appreciated,

Mick

Andrew Thompson

mick.heywood

On Feb 26, 11:04 pm, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

Capture, yes. I did not attempt to do anything
more than plot it, though.

The (1st message of the) thread.
<http://groups.google.com/groups?
[email protected]>

The (recentish) code
<http://www.physci.org/test/oscilloscope/>

The application.
<http://www.physci.org/sound/audiotrace.html>

HTH

Andrew T.

Thanks Andrew. Turns out I was on the right track, but did not have
audio loopback enabled so was getting no signal. Once that was
enabled it was all good!

Thanks again,

Mick

Andrew Thompson

Thanks Andrew.

Your future lack of 'full quoting' will be
thanks enough!
..Turns out I was on the right track, but did not have
audio loopback enabled so was getting no signal.

Aha! Those damn audio loopbacks are a huge
hurdle for deploying Java sound apps.
Could you give us some more details of the
OS and hardware?
..Once that was enabled it was all good!

Excellent. Glad you sorted it.

Andrew T.