cascading menus

support

In dotNet, I want to have cascading pulldown menus.
Hence, the items are:
{ a, b, cx, cy, cz, d},
but I don't want to show cx, cy, cz unless the user selected one of the c's.
Does anyone know a clever way to do this?
I guess I have to write a menu to handle this. Any pointers to examples?

Nathan Sokalski

Have you ever used the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit? If not, it is a
wonderful thing to know about, and one of the controls it offers is
CascadingDropDown, which is basically what you are asking for. You can see
an example and documentation at:

http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/CascadingDropDown/CascadingDropDown.aspx

I will admit that I have never used this specific control, but I have used
many of the others, all of which are wonderful, and the toolkit itself is
starting to become very popular (and it is built in to ASP.NET 3.5).
Hopefully this is what you are looking for.