    I want to make the user 'bob' unable to logon if he types 'BoB' or if he
    does the same with the password.
    Thank you in advance!

    Paolo Niccolò Giubelli [Axettone], Mar 18, 2007

  2. Paolo Niccolò Giubelli [Axettone]

    Scott M. Guest

    What "login process" are you referring to? A pre-canned one or one of your
    own?

    Since logging in requires the user name and password to be checked against a
    stored user name and password, we are really talking about comparing a
    string against a string. Since strings are literals, you get case-sensitive
    checking by default. If you don't want case-sensitivity, then you convert
    all the strings involved to all upper or all lower case so that case won't
    matter.

    Scott M., Mar 18, 2007

  3. I'm referring to the default asp.net 2 login system.

    Paolo Niccolò Giubelli [Axettone], Mar 18, 2007
  4. Paolo Niccolò Giubelli [Axettone]

    Guest Guest

    I might be going out a limb here, but passwords are case sensitive, whereas
    user names are not. I'm sure you have a perfectly valid reason for wanting
    this functionality, but IMHO most users have come to expect that user names
    in most cases aren't case sensitive, and in most cases passwords are.

    Guest, Mar 18, 2007
  5. Uhm... I think you're right... Maybe I'll try to edit some of the asp.net
    stored procedures.

    Paolo Niccolò Giubelli [Axettone], Mar 18, 2007
  6. you can download the source code for the sql membership provider - and have
    a look...

    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/04/13/442772.aspx

    -----

    Dominick Baier, Mar 18, 2007