CDO XP IIS 5.1 Error Message

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Steven Tisdale, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Recently upgraded to an XP pro machine. Moving from CDONTS to CDO. CDO
    generates an error message when I try to send a message:

    "The event class for this subscription is in an invalid partition "

    Here's the code:

    set mailer = server.createobject("cdo.message")
    Set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
    sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
    With cdoConfig.Fields
    .Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2
    .Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "localhost"
    .Update
    End With

    Set mailer.Configuration = cdoConfig
    mailer.subject = this_subject
    mailer.from = this_from
    mailer.to = this_to
    mailer.HtmlBody = "test"
    mailer.TextBody = "test"
    mailer.send
    set mailer = nothing

    I only started using the cdoConfig object to change the configuration
    because I had a "Send Using" error. I have been all over the Net with no
    luck. MSDN provides very little info. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Steven Tisdale, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Feb 24, 2004

  3. Only number #5 really worked from that article. I got it to work by
    specifiying Pickup instead of Port and then pointing it to the pickup
    directory. Specifying the pickup directory doesn't feel like the best way to
    approach this...any ideas why cdoSendUsingPort wouldn't work?

    Thanks for the reply.

    Steven Tisdale, Feb 24, 2004
  4. any ideas why cdoSendUsingPort wouldn't work?

    Yes, something with the configuration of your SMTP server.

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Feb 25, 2004