CGI errror in (only in) IIS 6.0 server 2003

nonamehkg

Hi, I've been using ActivePython 2.3 (cgi) on IIS on win xp, 2000 and
they work fine.
Until I upgrade the system the server 2003. The ASP script engine is ok
but not the CGIs.

I got these errors:

HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied.

I already have execute access on the directory.

Can anyone help me?

=========
kychan

David Wahler

Hi, I've been using ActivePython 2.3 (cgi) on IIS on win xp, 2000 and
they work fine.
Until I upgrade the system the server 2003. The ASP script engine is ok
but not the CGIs.

I got these errors:

HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied.

I already have execute access on the directory.

Can anyone help me?

This is an IIS configuration issue, and has nothing to do with Python.
You will probably get much better responses if you post it in a more
appropriate group -- a quick search of Google Groups turns up
microsoft.public.inetserver.iis and
comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.networking, to get you started.

Hope this helps,

-- David

Fredrik Lundh

David said:
This is an IIS configuration issue, and has nothing to do with Python.
You will probably get much better responses if you post it in a more
appropriate group -- a quick search of Google Groups turns up
microsoft.public.inetserver.iis and
comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.networking, to get you started.

checking the IIS documentation may help:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318380

(scroll down a bit for the section that explains common causes for
the 403.1 message)

the IIS faq page may also be helpful:

http://www.iisfaq.com

e.g.

http://www.iisfaq.com/Default.aspx?tabid=2814
HTTP 403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden

</F>

nonamehkg

Thanks
yes, it is. I have checked everything already, but still couldn't get
it working on server2003