CGI Perl on IIS

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by dave h, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. dave h

    dave h Guest

    Hi,

    I have this page called index.shtml ----

    <head>
    <title>index</title>
    </head>
    The date is<br>
    <!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" --> <br>
    A Perl Print result is<br>
    <!--#exec cgi="/perltest/perltest.pl" --> <br>
    end of test

    ---------------------------------------
    and this perl script call perltest.pl --
    #!c:\perl\bin
    print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
    print "xxx\n";
    #exit;
    when I run the index.shtml page the perl script returns a long string of
    header info in front of the "xxx" that I was looking for. The W2K IIS host
    I running on recommends using <meta name="hideHeader" content=""> before the
    <!--#exec cgi="/perltest/perltest.pl" --> statement to eliminate these
    unwanted headers. I've not been successful in getting rid of the headers
    with this approach..

    Any suggestions for getting rid of the unwanted headers - the actual line
    returned looks like -> "HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 00:09:47 GMT
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Content-type: text/html xxx "

    thanks

    dave h, Apr 14, 2004

  2. dave h

    Tintin Guest

    No Perl errors here.
    No Perl content here, but I'll give you a freebie. NPH.

    Tintin, Apr 14, 2004

  3. dave h

    Robin Guest

    7
    well, you could always invest in a new web server, one of the good ones is
    Xitami ( however you spell it )
    -Robin

    Robin, Apr 27, 2004