Change an existing project url (and port)?

6

620

Can I change an existing asp.net project that was initially created at
"//localhost/etc" to point to "//[IP]:[Port]/etc" instead? I've recently
been forced to change my local website from "all unassigned" on port 80 to
[MachineIP] on [SomeOtherPort]. So the files haven't changed, the machine
hasn't really changed, but where IIS is listening has; and I need to have
the IDE make requests at the new location for these existing asp.net
projects that are still trying to find themselves at //localhost. Can't
find the option anywhere in the IDE (VS 2003)...

Craig Deelsnyder

620 said:
Can I change an existing asp.net project that was initially created at
"//localhost/etc" to point to "//[IP]:[Port]/etc" instead? I've recently
been forced to change my local website from "all unassigned" on port 80 to
[MachineIP] on [SomeOtherPort]. So the files haven't changed, the machine
hasn't really changed, but where IIS is listening has; and I need to have
the IDE make requests at the new location for these existing asp.net
projects that are still trying to find themselves at //localhost. Can't
find the option anywhere in the IDE (VS 2003)...

There is a .webinfo file for all web projects that is created in your
root folder that tells VS.NET what the URL of your web app is to pull
the files from via HTTP. You could just change that (open it in Notepad
and you'll see a URL in there).

6

620

Craig Deelsnyder said:
620 said:
Can I change an existing asp.net project that was initially created at
"//localhost/etc" to point to "//[IP]:[Port]/etc" instead? I've recently
been forced to change my local website from "all unassigned" on port 80 to
[MachineIP] on [SomeOtherPort]. So the files haven't changed, the machine
hasn't really changed, but where IIS is listening has; and I need to have
the IDE make requests at the new location for these existing asp.net
projects that are still trying to find themselves at //localhost. Can't
find the option anywhere in the IDE (VS 2003)...

There is a .webinfo file for all web projects that is created in your
root folder that tells VS.NET what the URL of your web app is to pull
the files from via HTTP. You could just change that (open it in Notepad
and you'll see a URL in there).

Ah, there we go. Thanks.