checkbox checked property "undefined" in IE

frank.cleuren

Hello,

The following code:

function checkChildMenuItems(strNameModule)
{
alert(document.getElementById(strNameModule).checked);
}

<input name="strMenuQA" id="strMenuQA" type="checkbox" value="1"
onclick="checkChildMenuItems(this.id);" checked="checked">

shows "true" or "false" in Firefox, when I respectively check or
uncheck the checkbox. IE however comes up with "undefined". Is this
code so exotic, that IE has problems with it??

Thanks in advance!

Frank

bjc

Hi Frank - Just checked your code. My IE displays true / false. Here's
the page & code I used:

<head>
<title></title>
<script language=javascript>
<!--
function checkChildMenuItems(strNameModule)
{
alert(document.getElementById(strNameModule).checked);
}
//-->
</script>
</head>
<input name="strMenuQA" id="strMenuQA" type="checkbox" value="1"
onclick="checkChildMenuItems(this.id);" checked="checked">

Martin Honnen

function checkChildMenuItems(strNameModule)
{
alert(document.getElementById(strNameModule).checked);
}

<input name="strMenuQA" id="strMenuQA" type="checkbox" value="1"
onclick="checkChildMenuItems(this.id);" checked="checked">

Why do you need to pass this.id at all, why can't you simply pass this
and do
function checkChildMenuItems (element) {
alert(element.checked);

Frank

Martin Honnen schreef:
Why do you need to pass this.id at all, why can't you simply pass this
and do
function checkChildMenuItems (element) {
alert(element.checked);
}

Thanks a lot for the quick reply Martin. I adapted my code, and it
works now!