Checkbox control - won't render attributes correctly

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Aug 16, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Is there a known bug with the CheckBox control?
    I have subclassed the control and I am trying to add an onclick attribute in
    the code behind. I've tried putting the Attributes.Add in the Page_Load,
    Render, and OnPreRender - but none of them work!
    The attributes are rendered in a span that envelopes the input control.
    For example, in the OnPreRender I have:
    this.Attributes.Add("onblur", "alert('myOnBlur')");

    The generated output looks like this:

    Why is the onblur attribute rendered in the span instead of in the input tag?
    If I set the attribute from the Page_Load of the main page, it seems to
    work, but this isn't possible in my application. I really need the attributes
    to be encapsulated within the control.
    I can't use the HtmlCheckBox control because I want server events and
    viewState.

    I anybody can help, I would really appreciate it.

    Thanks
    Graham

    Guest, Aug 16, 2005