checkbox in gridview help requested

Guest

I have a gridview that is displaying product information with links to edit
pages.
The customer now wants to perform mass deletes on the grid page, such as by
adding checkboxes on each row - and when a button is clicked, iterate through
the rows lookied for checked boxes, and if checked then delete. Doesnt sound
too hard ...

Im having problems setting this up. I added a checkboxfield to the
gridview, but
no checkbox actually displayed until I populated them with a dummy bit
column I
put in the select that populates the gridview.
But they are read only, I cant check them - Im not sure Im going down the
right path.
Do I make the gridview editable (havent dont this yet) and set all the other
gridview
columns to readonly?

Help is greatly appreciated.