Checking Subdomains

Jonathan Wood

Greetings,

We are looking at creating a brandable Website. The Website will show the
same basic information but will display a different company logo and contact
information depending on the subdomain.

So, for example, bob.store.com and jim.store.com will both show the same
basic information but bob.store.com will display Bob's logo and contact
information.

I see that, at my hosting company, bob.store.com displays the same content
as store.com, by default. So I'm thinking I may not need to change anything
except to have my code aware of the current subdomain (and see that it is
maintained through navigation).

Has anyone got any tips for "knowing" the current subdomain, or anything
else required to have this work reliably?

Thanks.

Jonathan

Jonathan Wood

I don't know. I don't yet have a site built that uses subdomains. Perhaps
I'll put up that code on one of my existing sites and see...

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

Mark Rae said:
Has anyone got any tips for "knowing" the current subdomain, or anything
else required to have this work reliably?

What does Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_HOST"].ToString(); give you...?