Classic ASP session timeout under IIS6.0

P. Glassel

I'm having problems getting session timeouts to change
programmaticlaly under IIS6.0. This is unchanged code
that ran as expected under IIS5.0.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Thx.

P. Glassel

Something's odd here. The IIS manager doesn't seem to
affect the settings either. I wonder where the IIS6.0 ASP
interpreter is getting its settings from? MS seems to be
a little confused about session workings in ASP vs ASPX
in some areas... or possibly I am.

Ray at

I haven't really been following this thread, but the "it's probably a bug"
caught my eye. 99 times out of 100, it is not a bug; it's a user error of
some sort. Are you sure that you aren't switching applications and then not
seeing your session vars becaue of it or something along those lines? Or
are you initiating new iexplore.exe processes by opening new browser windows
with your client-side code?

Ray at home

P. Glassel

Ray, you really need to follow the thread before you
reply with a comment like this. I am a professional and
am lothe to go to a newsgroup for exactly this reason. If
you think ASP under IIS6.0 is not buggy, you haven't used
it.

Phil

P. Glassel

I guess you didn't read the thread either. No variables
are being lost, oh wise one!

I also never said I didn't write code with bugs, I only
said MS has more than their fair share.

I am wasting my time here!

Sorry I asked.