Classification Criteria about skill of Programmers C++

Biel

Folks,

One curiosity;

- When can I affirm that one programmer C++ have the advanced
level?

- Is there some classical definition of parameters applied to
C++ for define it?

Some years ago saw something about it for Cobol programmers,
someone knows something of the kind of for programmers C++?

Please, what the most experienced coders of the list think about
this issue?

[]´s++

Greg Comeau

One curiosity;

- When can I affirm that one programmer C++ have the advanced
level?

- Is there some classical definition of parameters applied to
C++ for define it?

Some years ago saw something about it for Cobol programmers,
someone knows something of the kind of for programmers C++?

Please, what the most experienced coders of the list think about
this issue?

If I understand what you're asking: There are certainly facts
one would would expect a programmer to know, but there is certainly
no line in the sand per se as "it" is more than just facts.
This is so with a C++ programmer as much/well as a Cobol programmer.
So you may want to refine your question in some way.

Biel

Hi Greg and Folks,

In Cobol and C + + there are lines and points of distinct
programming, in spite of everything what is done in Cobol can be
developed in C++; normally the expectation for call a programmer
Cobol, or VB is different for the of one C++ programmer;

And in my mind, is there some common fields or points of
knowledge that can be use when criteria to rank the skill of C++
programmers. After mastering the basic concepts and language
constructs, the programmer can pursue a variety of specialized
follow-on areas but is there some points that can be used as criteria;

This way, desire know what the programmers here thinks about this.

Which are the fields of domain for classify as wannabe, beginner,
intermediate, advanced or master coder in C++? Is there some good
criteria?

[]s++

Greg Comeau escreveu:

Ian Collins

Biel wrote:

Please don't top post here (corrected).
Greg Comeau escreveu:

Hi Greg and Folks,

In Cobol and C + + there are lines and points of distinct
programming, in spite of everything what is done in Cobol can be
developed in C++; normally the expectation for call a programmer
Cobol, or VB is different for the of one C++ programmer;

And in my mind, is there some common fields or points of
knowledge that can be use when criteria to rank the skill of C++
programmers. After mastering the basic concepts and language
constructs, the programmer can pursue a variety of specialized
follow-on areas but is there some points that can be used as criteria;

This way, desire know what the programmers here thinks about this.

Which are the fields of domain for classify as wannabe, beginner,
intermediate, advanced or master coder in C++? Is there some good
criteria?
Why would you want to apply arbitrary classifications?

kwikius

Biel said:
Hi Greg and Folks,

In Cobol and C + + there are lines and points of distinct
programming, in spite of everything what is done in Cobol can be
developed in C++; normally the expectation for call a programmer
Cobol, or VB is different for the of one C++ programmer;

And in my mind, is there some common fields or points of
knowledge that can be use when criteria to rank the skill of C++
programmers. After mastering the basic concepts and language
constructs, the programmer can pursue a variety of specialized
follow-on areas but is there some points that can be used as criteria;

This way, desire know what the programmers here thinks about this.

Which are the fields of domain for classify as wannabe, beginner,
intermediate, advanced or master coder in C++? Is there some good
criteria?

Master C++ programmers will all know in detail about ConceptGCC.

Regards
Andy Little

Greg Comeau

Greg Comeau escreveu:

In Cobol and C + + there are lines and points of distinct
programming,

in spite of everything what is done in Cobol can be
developed in C++; normally the expectation for call a programmer
Cobol, or VB is different for the of one C++ programmer;

And in my mind, is there some common fields or points of
knowledge that can be use when criteria to rank the skill of C++
programmers. After mastering the basic concepts and language
constructs, the programmer can pursue a variety of specialized
follow-on areas but is there some points that can be used as criteria;

This way, desire know what the programmers here thinks about this.

Which are the fields of domain for classify as wannabe, beginner,
intermediate, advanced or master coder in C++? Is there some good
criteria?

There probably are expectations, however, it gets slippery.
We could probably come up with a list. Even better, I bet
you could find such already via a search engine. The problem is
that many such entries will probably be misleading at best
since many won't be (can't be?) guarantees whether we are
talking about C++ vs Cobol programmer, or beginner vs expert
programming.

I note that you are prescribing some implicit ordering requirements
in the find print of your post :) Note though that for instance
a beginning programmer involved in doing graphics in C++ is not
necessarily going to follow the same abstract learning path as a
beginning COBOL programmer involved in coding a batch accounting system
and so on.

Noah Roberts

Biel said:
Folks,

One curiosity;

- When can I affirm that one programmer C++ have the advanced
level?

- Is there some classical definition of parameters applied to
C++ for define it?

Some years ago saw something about it for Cobol programmers,
someone knows something of the kind of for programmers C++?

Please, what the most experienced coders of the list think about
this issue?

Expertice in a given language is extreemly overrated. A person that
knows how to program will know what they want, have some idea how to
accomplish, and then find the language features necissary to implement
their plan.