    compilations to which these jars are inputs, and that turns out to be quite
    true. Turning that option off reduces a clean build from about 30 minutes
    to under 10. Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

    Mike Schilling, Nov 28, 2010

  2. Mike Schilling

    Roedy Green Guest

    Under some circumstances jar indexes are cached in ram as HashMaps.
    Other times they are linearly scanned on disk. I gather for some
    reason caching has been turned off. Sorry I don't know if it is even
    possible to control this during compile or jar build. You might
    experiment by where you place the jars.

    Roedy Green, Dec 2, 2010