Clearing IFrame SRC property works from Mozilla/FireFox but not IE

Robert Oschler

I have Javascript code that clears the SRC property of an IFRAME during the
onload event of a web page, if a certain flag is set. In Mozilla/FireFox
the clearing of the SRC property works fine and the browser does not attempt
to load the document. That document being the one that was specified in the
SRC property, before it was erased.

In Internet Explorer, the code appears to clear the SRC property properly.
If I trace the code, the MSDEV debugger does show the SRC property as empty
after the statement that clears it. However, the browser still tries to
load the document specified in the SRC property despite the fact it does
*not* display the contents of the document in the IFRAME.

I know it's still trying to load the document because the document is a PHP
document running in the Zend PHP debugger, with a breakpoint set in it.

How can I stop IE from trying to load the document?

Thanks.

Jedi Fans

Robert said:
[...]

It would help to have a URL or a snippet of script [URL = better]

cosmic foo

Robert Oschler said:
[...]

make sure src is empty before the page loads?