    Please stay on-topic.

    F'up2 poster

    PointedEars, IANAL

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Aug 13, 2011

  2. <snip>

    Hoping that this will prevent future arguments, I'm pointing out that
    section 19.1 of the HTML4.1 standard says that a valid document does
    more than just conform to the DTD.

    John

    John G Harris, Aug 14, 2011

  3. I don't think you can prevent trolls from giving incorrect off-topic
    lessons or others from pointing out their errors. Saying that you wish
    to prevent future arguments tends to trigger them.
    There is no "HTML4.1 standard". And section 19.1 of the HTML 4.01
    specification is sloppy non-normative prose, and it does not in any way
    affect the incorrectness of the statement about some meta tag being
    required for validity.

    Part of the sloppiness is that it refers to hypothetical software that
    checks more than an SGML validator does, in a manner that suggests that
    such software exists. It's an interesting idea, and such software would
    in fact be useful, or at least would have been, but it is noteworthy
    that no particular software is even alluded to.

    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 14, 2011
  4. Hmm, hmm. Apparently not.

    <

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Aug 14, 2011
  5. MC

    MC Guest

    Soooooooooo,
    window.open is still the only way lol. This is working, and on Chrome there
    is no noticeable pause while the browser draws the content into the open
    window. Still much much quicker than hitting the server for generated
    content. My page opens and displays in under 500ms.

    Thanks,
    MC

    MC, Aug 15, 2011