Cocoon Forms tool

olegkon

Hi,

I am returning to Cocoon development after 3 yrs in Java/Flex world,
so please bare with me (many of my assumptions might be old and
wrong).

What IDEs do people use to develop in Cocoon ?
Any XML plugins ?

Need to develop Cocoon Forms based tool
to allow non-technical users easily build/customize Forms.
So there is a predefined set of fields [which only admin can edit],
which correspond to some database tables/columns.
User should be able (through the GUI) basically draw/customize that
form including layout
and save it in files (XML based) .
Later on these forms are plugged into some JSP based system
to create a web application.

Allow users to define & style fields that will appear on the form.
Allow users to define validation rules for fields on the form.
Render user-defined forms
Capture data from user-defined forms, validate it and post it to the
Host.

Any idea if such tool already exists ?
We would rather buy it than developing it.

Currently users are using XMLSpy + Authentic,
but that is VB solution we are moving to Java.

Any ideas how to implement it?
Building blocks ? (prefer not to build it from scratch)

TIA,
Oleg.

Peter Flynn

olegkon said:
Hi,

I am returning to Cocoon development after 3 yrs in Java/Flex world,
so please bare with me (many of my assumptions might be old and
wrong).

What IDEs do people use to develop in Cocoon ?

Emacs XSLIDE mode. But I'm dealing with traditional text documents, not
forms (yet...on the cards once I grok how they work :)

///Peter