Code Help

Thomas R Grassi Jr

I have a page I designed that is a cant remember the correct name but it is
three sections combined into one web page

I have a side page, a banner page and then the main page all formatted as
one page.

Now the question is on the main page I have hoover buttons which are
hyperlinks to a page so that page opens in the main page frame. I have back
and return buttons defined on the hyperlink pages when they hit back it
takes them back to the main page frame no problem
It is the return that is not working properly for me.

the return has http://www.tomtest.com but what it does it bring up
www.tomtest.com in the main page frame leaving the side page and the banner
on the screen

Is there any asp function that will clear the frame to go back to a site in
full view?

My code is in asp that was designed under front page

here is the code I am using

</head>
<form>
<input type="button" value="Print" Onclick="print()" ;> <input type="button"
value="BACK!"onClick="history.back();">
<input type=button value="Return" onClick="goToURL()"></form>
&nbsp;</p>
</form>
<HEAD>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
function goToURL() { window.location = "http://www.tomtest.com"; }
// End -->
</script>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks

Tom

Evertjan.

Thomas R Grassi Jr wrote on 10 feb 2009 in
I have a page I designed that is a cant remember the correct name but
it is three sections combined into one web page

This NG is about serverside coding under classic ASP,
please look for a html NG.

Adrienne Boswell

[...]

As Evertjan said, this is a server side group. What he did not tell you is
that this is a client side issue, and that ASP has no way of knowing
whether it's a frame.

I resetting follow-ups to alt.html, which is a client side group, and you
might get more help.

Thomas R Grassi Jr

Thanks Evertjan and Adrienne

Do you have the name of the NG I seem not to be able to find it

Thanks

Tom

Thomas R Grassi Jr

Adrienne

thanks I found it and posted lets see if someone figures it out for me now

Thanks again

Tom